Community theater can only survive with the help of its many volunteers. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Usually involves a cold read audition, rehearsals 3 to 4 nights a week, and 2 weekends of productions. Actors are often required to supply their own costumes.
- Must be 21 years or older. Directors are TAC board approved. This a large job including and not limited to budgeting, blocking, casting, set designing, promoting, painting and cleaning.
- Assisting the direct with rehearsals, prompting actors with their lines, taking notes, running small sessions with director's approval
- Supervising a production (Concentrating on promotions, programs, tickets, contracts, volunteers, and where needs arise in a production)
- Using the square app to sell tickets and helping patrons (Simple training required)
- Take tickets, give programs, provide directions for guests, and clean up after the production.
- Construction of set pieces and props. (Basic skills needed.)
- Painting backdrops and set walls and pieces. This involves all levels of talent, whether you can only use a paint roller, or you are an artist.
- working with the director to keep behind the scene organized. This includes organizing and moving props, cueing actors and helping with effects.
- Selling popcorn, soda, candy etc. to guests. (Basic math skills needed)
- Using the light board during rehearsals and productions (training required)
- Using the sound board during rehearsals and productions. (training required)
- Assembling and sewing costumes
- Working with the actors to make sure their hair is styled for performances
- Applying stage makeup to actors for performances
- Small jobs that help keep the theater running (Cleaning, changing lights, decorating...etc)
** As volunteer positions are required they will be made avaiable here. **
For more information on volunteer positions, feel free to contact us
Tipton Arts Council is a nonprofit organization. Students who need volunteer hours are encouraged to volunteer for hours with the TAC.