Community theater can only survive with the help of its many volunteers. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Usually involves a cold read audition, rehearsals 3 to 4 nights a week, and 2 weekends of productions. Actors are often required to supply their own costumes.
- Must be 21 years or older. Directors are TAC board approved. This a large job including and not limited to budgeting, blocking, casting, set designing, promoting, painting and cleaning.
- Assisting the direct with rehearsals, prompting actors with their lines, taking notes, running small sessions with director's approval
- Supervising a production (Concentrating on promotions, programs, tickets, contracts, volunteers, and where needs arise in a production)
- Using the square app to sell tickets and helping patrons (Simple training required)
- Take tickets, give programs, provide directions for guests, and clean up after the production.
- Construction of set pieces and props. (Basic skills needed.)
- Painting backdrops and set walls and pieces. This involves all levels of talent, whether you can only use a paint roller, or you are an artist.
- working with the director to keep behind the scene organized. This includes organizing and moving props, cueing actors and helping with effects.
- Selling popcorn, soda, candy etc. to guests. (Basic math skills needed)
- Using the light board during rehearsals and productions (training required)
- Using the sound board during rehearsals and productions. (training required)
- Assembling and sewing costumes
- Working with the actors to make sure their hair is styled for performances
- Applying stage makeup to actors for performances
- Small jobs that help keep the theater running (Cleaning, changing lights, decorating...etc)
No volunteer positions have been posted at this time. Please check back later!!
For more information on volunteer positions, feel free to contact us
Tipton Arts Council is a nonprofit organization. Students who need volunteer hours are encouraged to volunteer for hours with the TAC.